Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ohio State crashes the party - debuts as a 3 seed

Ohio State's impressive win on the road against a surging Illinois squad punched their dance card today fo sho. After looking over Saturday's games I've reordered my seeding a little. Since Syracuse got beat today I may have to drop them down too; I still have to do my own amateur RPI'ing to determine.

The 29 teams I'm liking now:
1 Seeds
Kansas
Duke
Syracuse
Brigham Young

2 Seeds
Purdue
Texas
Kansas State
Kentucky

3 Seeds
Villanova
Ohio State
Old Dominion
Michigan State

4 Seeds
Virginia Tech
Utah State
Butler
New Mexico

5 Seeds
Temple
Gonzaga
Richmond
Murray State

6 Seeds
Saint Mary's
Northern Iowa
Cornell
Siena

7 Seeds
Wichita State
Louisiana Tech
Northern Colorado
Coastal Carolina

8 Seeds
Oakland
???
???
???

Tomorrow (Feb. 15) I'm keeping an eye on Morgan State as they host South Carolina State. Morgan State is unbeaten in the MEAC and they have a quality win at Arkansas. The MEAC is so bad that no matter what they'll have to win the conference tournament to get a bid, but in my fantasy world a win tomorrow puts them in the running for an at-large.

No comments: